This guide will introduce you to Gleeson Library resources that are essential for students and faculty conducting Education Research. It includes links to relevant databases, streaming video, as well as library related instructional tutorials.
- Education Databases Focus your search with the USF education databases.
- Psychology Databases Full text and citations for psychological publications.
- Additional Databases Search multidisciplinary databases and databases in other subject areas.
- Journal Finder Search across USF databases for a specific journal or browse publications by subject. Regional students can use Document Delivery to request articles only available in print at the Gleeson Library.
- ILLiad Request articles for publications not found in Journal Finder.
Books, Dissertations, and Videos
- Library Catalog Search the Library catalog for print books, e-books, dissertations, and videos. Regional students can use Document Delivery to access materials in the Gleeson Library.
- eBooks for iPad, Android and Other E-Readers
- ProQuest Dissertations Electronic full text of dissertations from USF and other institutions.
- USF Scholarship Repository Dissertations, theses, field projects, and more.
- Link Plus Quickly obtain books and videos from more than 50 cooperating libraries.
- Interlibrary Loan Request books, articles, and dissertations for other libraries. May take 2-4 weeks.
- Curriculum Resource Center Juvenile literature, teaching resource books, education theory, and videos. Regional students can contact Kate Sky for delivery options.
- Online Reference Books Includes bibliographies and electronic encyclopedias on education and the social sciences.
- Thousands of streaming documentaries and feature films available by faculty advance request, usually for one-year licenses. Order directly from the Kanopy link or contact your library liaison for assistance. License expiration dates are noted in our catalog records.
- The films in the Media Education Foundation (MEF) Collection encourage critical thinking about the social, political, and cultural impact of American mass media.
- RefWorks Generate bibliographies and manage your citations online from any computer with this robust online citation management database. Free access for USF affiliates.
- Zotero Generate bibliographies and organize PDFs with this free, open source citation management tool. Loyola Marymount University has created some great video tutorials on how to get started with the standalone version of Zotero on PC and how to integrate Zotero with your word processor. For getting started with Mac, view this tutorial.
- EndNote Students, staff and faculty can purchase the discounted academic version. In addition to technical support, EndNote offers extensive training videos, guides and webinars. EndNote can also be downloaded for a free 30 day trial.
- Purdue Owl This searchable online guide to APA style provides examples of APA citation.
- California Content Standards Standards adopted by the California State Board of Education.
- California Curriculum Frameworks Guidance for implementing the standards adopted by the California State Board of Education.
- Common Core State Standards Initiative State led effort to provide a consistent framework.
- Curriculum Resource Center Curriculum aids for K-12, reading programs, assessment tests. Regional students can contact Kate Sky for delivery options.
- USF Databases and Reference Books Library resources with education related statistical data.
- California Department of Education Data and statistics collected from California schools.
- Ed Stats International education statistics compiled by the World Bank.
- NAEP Statistics The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) is the largest nationally representative and continuing assessment of what America's students know and can do in various subject areas.
- National Center for Education Statistics Primary federal entity for collecting education statistics in the U.S.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics International education statistics for over 200 countries.
- U.S. Government Statistics General statistics on the federal and state level.
- EdData is a partnership of the California Department of Education (CDE), EdSource and Fiscal Crisis & Management Assistance Team (FCMAT)
Evidence-Based Practice in Education
- Best Evidence Encyclopedia Review summaries compiled by John Hopkins University.
- Child Trends Non-profit research center that provides evidence based guidance on policy and programs.
- Campbell Collaboration Peer reviewed systematic reviews in the social sciences.
- What Works Clearinghouse Research reviews from U.S. Department of Education.
Tests and Measurements
- USF Measurement Resources Access Mental Measurements Yearbook with Test in Print online and several print resources at the Gleeson Library.
- Tests and Measures in USF Article Databases Tips on finding appended tests in CINHAL, ERIC, and PsycINFO
- ETS Test Link Downloadable tests and research instruments available for a fee.
- APA Guide to Finding Psychological Tests Tips on locating and purchasing psychological tests.
Video Research Tutorials
- Video Overview of Education Resources at USF
- Finding Full-Text When You Have the Citation
- Finding Full-Text in Library Databases
- Refining Your Search with Boolean Operators
- ERIC (education database)
- PsycINFO (psychology database)
- Basic Searching in Ebsco Databases Such as Education Source, ERIC, Fusion, PsycINFO, SocINDEX
- Research Guides General guides on using the library resources, subject guides, and databases guides.
- Ask a Librarian Contact a librarian in-person, over the phone, by text message, via IM, or through email. Schedule an appointment to meet one-on-one with a librarian in-person or remotely.
- Library Liaison Librarian dedicated to supporting all the programs in the School of Education.
- Regional Librarians Regional campus library staff members are available to meet with students on their respective campuses.