Evidence Based Practice Databases
Databases that contain primary and secondary nursing and health sciences research.
- CINAHL UltimateCINAHL Complete is the world's most comprehensive nursing & allied health research database, providing full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL.
- PubMedPubMed provides access to more than 23 million bibliographic citations primarily drawn from MEDLINE, as well as publisher-supplied citations, in-process and "ahead-of-print" citations.
- ScopusScopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic ReviewsCochrane Reviews are systematic reviews of primary research in human health care and health policy, and are internationally recognized as the highest standard in evidence-based health care resources.
- APA PsycInfoPsycINFO is the American Psychological Association's (APA) renowned resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations.It is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health.
Summaries of Primary Evidence
The following clinical reference tools and journals provide summaries of individual primary research articles and systematic reviews. Many provide an assessment of the quality and strength of the evidence and its relevance to clinical practice. These are good resources for Critically Appraised Research Studies.
Databases Containing Evidence Summaries
- DynaMedAn authoritative, evidence based resource that provides drug and disease summaries. DynaMed includes references to individual articles, and offers a level of evidence rating for each article used in a summary.
DynaMed Mobile Installation
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 41 views this year
Journals Featuring Evidence Summaries
- Evidence Based NursingAn individual journal that reports on research highly relevant to the field of nursing. Content is critically appraised then the most relevant articles are summarized into a succinct expert commentary focusing on the papers key findings and implications for clinical practice.
- ACP Journal ClubACP Journal Club summarizes the best new evidence for internal medicine from over 120 clinical journals. Research staff and clinical editors rigorously assess the scientific merit of the medical literature as it is published and a worldwide panel of over 5000 physicians assesses the clinical relevance and newsworthiness of rigorous studies.
- National Institutes for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) PathwaysEverything the UK's National Institutes for Health and Care Excellence has to say on a topic in an interactive flowchart
Clinical Practice Guidelines & Web Resources
- ECRI Guidelines TrustFree, but requires registration.
- Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario Best Practice GuidelinesBrowsable and searchable database of nursing clinical guidelines created by the RNAO.
Subject Specific Guidelines
Books and Tutorials on Evidence Based Practice
- Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice tutorialThis tutorial from Duke University is intended for any health care practitioner or student who needs a basic introduction to the principles of Evidence-Based Practice.
- How to Read a Paper byCall Number: R118.6 .G74 2014ISBN: 9781118800966Publication Date: 2014-04-07
- Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare byCall Number: RT42 .M44 2015ISBN: 9781451190946Publication Date: 2014-09-24
- Implementing the Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Competencies in Healthcare byCall Number: RT42 .M45 2016ISBN: 9781940446424Publication Date: 2016-06-01