About Document Delivery
Document Delivery is a library service providing:
- Electronic delivery of a wide variety of materials from Gleeson Library and other libraries
- Home delivery of physical materials such as circulating books, DVDs, CDs, and games from Gleeson Library and other libraries
|Material Type||Material Location||Where to Request|
|Journal Article||Gleeson Library
Microfilm / Microfiche
|E-Book / Chapter / Section (page limits may apply)
|Complete Book / Volume
DVDs / CDs / Games
|Complete Book / Volume||Another Library||LINK+
Currently enrolled USF students, staff, faculty, emeriti faculty, and Fromm affiliates may use Gleeson Library/Geschke Center's Document Delivery service.
All of the above eligible USF community members may request electronic documents such as journal, magazine or newspaper articles; conference papers; book chapters; and information on microfilm or microfiche.
All of the above eligible USF community members may request circulating books, DVDs, CDs, and games from Gleeson Library for home delivery at domestic addresses and international addresses. Gleeson Library will make every reasonable effort to fill these requests, but some restrictions may apply.
Interlibrary loan (ILL) print books and physical materials from other libraries may also be requested for home delivery, however we are unable to process these requests for those with international addresses.
Articles remain available in ILLiad for one month. Be sure to download articles within 30 days. Requested articles are delivered to your ILLiad mailbox. An e-mail notice links to a copy of the article in PDF format. To view your requested article, go to your ILLiad account and select Electronically Received Articles in the View Menu.
Books, DVDs, CDs, and games
- Use ILLiad for electronic documents, such as journal, magazine or newspaper articles; conference papers; book chapters; and information on microfilm or microfiche.
- Use ILLiad for print books and physical materials not currently available at Gleeson Library.
- Use Ignacio for books, DVDs, CDs, and games that are available at Gleeson Library.
Instructions for requesting home delivery in Ignacio
Verify your address
- Login to your library record.
- Select "Modify Personal Info."
- Verify that the street address listed is where you want your items shipped.
If the address listed is not correct, contact the Access Services Department and provide the correct address.
Request items and indicate home delivery
- Click the "Request" button at the top of the item’s record in Ignacio.
- Enter your myUSF login and click 'Submit."
- You will be prompted to "Choose a Delivery Type." Make sure the "Mail" button is filled and select "Mail to Home Address" from the dropdown. Click "Submit."
- You should receive a confirmation on screen.
The library will send you an email notification when the book you requested has been shipped.
Documents are delivered electronically within three business days of your request.
Books, DVDs, CDs, and games
- Gleeson Library will make every effort to ensure you have your items as soon as possible. Items sent to domestic addresses will arrive via UPS within approximately seven to ten business days. Items sent to international addresses will arrive via UPS international air services between seven and fourteen business days, depending on local import/export guidelines. Please note that delivery times may vary. For more information contact Access Services.
- Please contact us if you wish to continue having ILL items shipped to your home address after 8/23/21. ILL books and other physical materials are sent to your designated address by UPS. Delivery times for ILL materials will take longer to receive due to shipping time from the lending library, quarantining of the package at Gleeson Library, and shipping time from Gleeson Library to your home address. For more information contact us. Note that we are unable to process ILL home delivery requests for those with international addresses.
Pickup at the library
- Item pickup at the Circulation Desk is not available at this time. Item pickup for ILL will resume on 8/24/21.
For documents, book chapters, and interlibrary loans: Go to your ILLiad account and select Outstanding Requests in the View Menu. To view more detailed information, click on the transaction number next to your request.
For Gleeson Library and Link + books, DVDs, CDs, and games: Go to your library record.
- Gleeson Library books, DVDs, CDs, and games: Log in to your library record to renew online. Books may be renewed once online. After that, please contact us for additional renewals.
- Link+ books: Log in to your library record to renew online. Link+ books may be renewed only once for an additional three week period. Link+ requests for renewal will be considered only during a five day window consisting of two days before the due date, the due date, and two days after the due date. Additional renewals are not available.
- Interlibrary Loan Books: Please contact us to request renewals. Renewals are subject to review by the lending library.
- Request to renew your items first before shipping.
- You may return books in the book drop located outside of the main doors of Gleeson Library, or you may return them at the Circulation Desk. If you choose to ship items back to Gleeson Library, please reuse the packaging and use the prepaid UPS return mailing label we provided in the original package. Do not include any additional items in your package other than the books that arrived with this label. Take the package to a UPS drop off location. If you need a duplicate label, please contact us.