Films on Demand
Films on Demand videos can be integrated into Canvas or web pages in two ways: LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) or linking via permanent links (permalinks). Linking to the catalog record or using the LTI is strongly recommended.
Permanent Links or Permalinks
- Search for the video you want to look to in the library catalog.
- Copy the link to the catalog record and paste it into Canvas or your web page.
LTI in Canvas
The LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) app is designed to allow instructors to easily find and embed Films on Demand videos into Canvas pages for on and off campus viewing.
- Create a Canvas page, typically in a module.
- Insert the cursor where you want to embed the video.
- Choose More External Tools > Films on Demand.
- Enter the exact title or search for a video by keyword or phrase.
- Preview the video if necessary and then select the video you want to embed.
- Click the Save button to save changes to your page and to play the video. The video will play on and off campus and on mobile devices.