Chemicals and compounds
Background information on the structures, names, and synonyms of chemicals and compounds, as well as potential environmental and health effects as a result of exposure.
- PubChem provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. It includes substance information, compound structures, and BioActivity data.
Finding information about hazardous substances using PubChem
Research Article Databases
- PubMed provides access to more than 23 million bibliographic citations primarily drawn from MEDLINE, as well as publisher-supplied citations, in-process and "ahead-of-print" citations.
- Accessing Toxicology Literature in PubMedInformation from the National Library of Medicine on how to use PubMed to access Toxicology Literature.
Introduction to PubMed
Statistical Data and Mapping Tools
- Thousands of U.S. data indicators for demographic and socioeconomic analysis. PolicyMap data can be presented as maps, tables, charts and pre-built reports that can be incorporated into papers, presentations, blogs and websites. In addition, students can upload unlimited amounts of their own address-based data, and can share these maps with others.
- Very user friendly! Just type in an address or geographic name, and find a cross-section of environmental information based on the location.
Cosmetics and Household Products
Resources for information and hazard assessments for common household products and cosmetics.
- EWG's Skin Deep DatabaseThe Environmental Working Group's database contains information and online hazard assessments for almost 65,000 products from over 2,000 different brands.
Information for researcher, first responders, and those tasked with preventing, planning for, and recovering from natural and man-made disasters.
- Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM)Enable first responders, first receivers, other healthcare providers, and planners to plan for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the effects of mass-casualty incidents involving chemicals
- CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response websiteEmergency preparedness resources for a variety of audiences (public, emergency health professionals, resources planners, etc) from the Centers for Disease Control.