Welcome to this research guide for Hinduism resources. There is a large amount of information on Hinduism available in Gleeson Library and on the web. This guide is an introduction to some of those resources. For more in-depth research, contact us and a librarian can help you with your research.
When searching for books in Ignacio, the USF library catalog, you can combine keyword searches like Women and Hindu or a phrase like Hindu Nationalism. You can also use broad subject terms like Hinduism and see subdivisions. In addition to Gleeson Library's books, you can search Link+, which gives you access to millions more books that you can request from other libraries
- The library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
- Search across more than 60 libraries in California and Nevada, and request available books to be delivered to Gleeson Library in 2-4 business days.
Scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers
- Ebsco Religion lets you to search several theological databases simultaneously.
- The Bibliography of Asian Studies (BAS) contains 860,400 records on all subjects (especially in the humanities and the social sciences) pertaining to East, Southeast, and South Asia published worldwide from 1971 to the present.
Online Reference Sources
- Brill’s Encyclopedia of Hinduism presents the latest research on all the main aspects of the Hindu traditions. Its essays are original work written by the world’s foremost scholars on Hinduism. The encyclopedia aims at a balanced and even-handed view of Hinduism, recognizing the divergent perspectives and methods in the academic study of a religion that is both an ancient historical tradition and a flourishing tradition today
Print Reference Sources
- The Encyclopedia of Hinduism byCall Number: BL1105 .E53 2013 (11 volumes)Publication Date: 2013In Gleeson Library on the lower level
- A Dictionary of Hinduism byCall Number: BL1105 .J65 2010Publication Date: 2010In Gleeson Library on the lower level
- Handbook of Hindu Mythology byCall Number: BL1111.4 .W55 2003Publication Date: 2003In Gleeson Library on the lower level
- Dictionary of Hindu Gods and Goddesses byCall Number: BL1216 .I94 2003Publication Date: 2003In Gleeson Library on the lower level
- Dictionary of Hindu Lore and Legend byCall Number: BL1105 .D35 2002Publication Date: 2002In Gleeson Library on the lower level