The library's bound periodicals collection is kept in an offsite storage facility. Holdings for these titles are noted in the library's catalog, and are available upon request.
Do you need a copy of a specific article from a bound periodical?
Some of the articles from the library’s bound periodicals are also available electronically through our subscription databases.
- Journal Finder will show you if a particular journal, magazine, or newspaper is available full-text online.
- Fusion will show you if a particular article is available full-text online.
- Contact a librarian if you need further assistance.
We also provide document delivery of individual articles from our bound periodicals holdings. Make a request through our ILLiad system. When your request has been fulfilled, you'll receive an email prompting you to log into your ILLiad account. From your ILLiad account you'll be able to access and download a PDF of your requested article.
- When placing your request be sure to list as complete a citation as possible.
- A complete citation includes not only publication title, article title, and author, but also information such as volume, issue, date, and pages, when available. ISSN numbers or OCLC numbers also help ensure the correct journal is found, when some journals have similar titles.
- Complete and accurate citations are especially important for newspaper articles.
Do you need to browse a volume of a specific periodical title?
Specific volumes of bound periodicals are requestable through the library’s catalog. Search and request volumes through Ignacio. NOTE: When making your request, you will be able to select only one volume at a time. Volumes are selectable after you have selected the "Pick Up Location" and clicked "Submit". When your request has been fulfilled, you'll receive an email notifying you that the volumes are ready for pickup.
- Requestable bound periodicals have a location of “Offsite Storage” in the library catalog.
- Requests for bound periodical volumes are typically filled within 72 hours (Monday-Friday, weekends and holidays excluded).
- Current and unbound periodicals are kept on the northeast side of the 2nd floor of the library. These items have a location of “Gleeson Periodicals” in the library catalog.