- PubMed provides access to more than 23 million bibliographic citations primarily drawn from MEDLINE, as well as publisher-supplied citations, in-process and "ahead-of-print" citations.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 67 views this year
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text is the world’s most comprehensive source of full text for sports & sports medicine journals, providing full text for 550 journals indexed.
- Academic Search Complete, designed specifically for academic institutions, is among the most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
You may see a screen prompting you to register or personalize your account. You are not required to do so and can click the 'Continue' button to access the site. Similarly, if you encounter a “Welcome to Scopus” screen asking you to create an account or sign in, click 'X' in the upper right to close the window.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 9 views this year
- CINAHL Ultimate is the definitive resource for nursing and allied health research, providing full text for the most used journals in the CINAHL index. It covers more than 50 nursing specialties and includes quick lessons, evidence-based care sheets, CEU modules and research instruments.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 56 views this year
- Fusion allows you to search, in one place, the majority of the library’s books, articles, videos, etc. It includes all the materials in our library catalog Ignacio, as well as the content of the majority of our many databases.
- SocINDEX with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive and highest quality sociology research database. The database features more than 2.1 million records with subject headings from a 20,000+ term sociological thesaurus designed by subject experts and expert lexicographers.
- Articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Click "more" below to customize Google Scholar to access USF library journal subscriptions.
- Anatomy & Physiology by Visible Body is an app that visually and interactively engages students in the core concepts of an undergraduate A&P course. Stunning animations review physiology and anatomical function. 3D anatomical models can be rotated, zoomed, and dissected. Quizzes, learning objective checklists, and an intuitive interface help students learn the content at their own pace.
- Authoritative and comprehensive collection of physiology information covering reference materials and key developments in the field.
- Europa World is the online version of the Europa World Year Book, the indispensable source of information on world-wide affairs. First published in 1926, the year book is renowned as one of the world's leading reference works, covering political and economic information in over 250 countries and territories, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
- A great place to begin your research, Gale eBooks offers thousands of authoritative articles published in academic encyclopedias, and written by subject experts. Gale eBooks provides information you can not only trust, but cite in a paper as well. Formerly called GVRL: Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- DynaMed is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care. With clinically-organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics, DynaMed provides the latest content and resources with validity, relevance and convenience, making DynaMed an indispensable resource for answering most clinical questions during practice.
DynaMed Mobile Installation
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 35 views this year
- The library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
- Thousands of U.S. data indicators for demographic and socioeconomic analysis. PolicyMap data can be presented as maps, tables, charts and pre-built reports that can be incorporated into papers, presentations, blogs and websites. In addition, students can upload unlimited amounts of their own address-based data, and can share these maps with others.
- Data.census.gov is the new platform to access data and digital content from the U.S. Census Bureau. It replaces the American FactFinder website, which was retired in 2020.
- This database contains information on California and U.S. public policy issues. The database is divided into three primary sections: 1) California Statistics, also called Databases; 2) Online Library; and 3) What's New. You may also search the entire database and some archived reports.
The open web (the web that is searchable using Google) is an excellent resource for health data. For more details about Google advanced search capabilities check out the brief video below, or the MIT Libraries "Google Power Tips" guide.
Other web resources
- San Francisco Health Improvement PartnershipGet a snap shot of the health status and quality of life in San Francisco using easy-to-interpret color-coded gauges and maps. Find health data and demographic data by neighborhood, zip code, and citywide.
- CDC FastStatsprovides quick access to statistics on topics of public health importance and includes links to sources of more data.
- SAMHSA- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services AdministrationThe Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation.
- Agency for Health Care Research & Quality (AHRQ)AHRQ is the health services research section of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Their website is fully searchable and offers information about consumer health, data and surveys, research findings, and specific populations, as well as other public health topics.
- World Health Organization (WHO)Find information and data from the World Health Organization. Search or browse by topic or country.
- Global Health GatewayKaiser Family Foundation's "online clearinghouse for the latest data and information on the U.S. role in global health."
Laws and Legislation
- Congress produces a variety of publications as a bill moves through the legislative process on its way to becoming a law. A compilation of these full text primary source publications produces a legislative history that is valuable to a wide variety of researchers. Legislative Insight offers a research citation page that not only links to the full text of the associated primary source publications, but allows the user to do a Search Within from that very page that searches the full text of all the associated publications with one-click.
- Status, history, votes, analyses, etc., of California legislation. Includes California Code.
- Congress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information. The site provides access to accurate, timely, and complete legislative information for Members of Congress, legislative agencies, and the public.
- Films On Demand delivers more than 90,000 educational online videos ideal for students and faculty.
- Thousands of streaming documentaries and feature films available by faculty advance request, usually for one-year licenses. Order directly from the Kanopy link or contact your library liaison for assistance. License expiration dates are noted in our catalog records.
- RefWorks allows users to create personal databases to manage, store, and share the information citations/references. Users can automatically insert references from their database into their papers and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds. Create an account using your USF email address.
APA 7th Edition: Formatting In-Text Citations
APA 7th Edition: Formatting References
- Purdue Online Writing LabPurdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) APA 7th edition resources. Use the links on the left side of the page to find information on different aspects of APA style.
- Excelsior Online Writing Lab: APA StyleYou will often use sources for academic writing, and it’s important to know how to responsibly cite and integrate those sources into your own writing. APA format provides guidelines and structures for citing those sources in a way that helps you avoid plagiarism and give proper credit to your sources.
- USF Learning, Writing, & Speaking Center: APA BasicsA 6.5 minute video on APA formatting & citing.