Welcome to this guide to some resources on religion and the environment available at Gleeson Library and on the web. If you need more in-depth research, contact us and a librarian can help you with your research.
In searching for information on this topic, think about different words you can use in your searching.
Environment, Ecology, Nature, Climate
Religion, Spirituality, Ethics, Faith
Try different combinations of words for different results
When searching for books in Ignacio, the USF Library catalog, you can do keyword searches like ecofeminism or combine different concepts like sustainability and religion. Link+ give you access to millions of books at other libraries that you can request.
Some possible subject terms to search are:
"Ecology--moral and ethical aspects"
"Religion and science"
"Human ecology--religious aspects"
- The library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
- Search across more than 60 libraries in California and Nevada, and request available books to be delivered to Gleeson Library in 2-4 business days.
Scholarly Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers
- Fusion allows you to search, in one place, the majority of the library’s books, articles, videos, etc. It includes all the materials in our library catalog Ignacio, as well as the content of the majority of our many databases.
- Journal articles, book reviews, and essay collections in theology and religious studies
- Environmental journals and sources
- Scholarly journals, government and general-interest sources
- Articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Click "more" below to customize Google Scholar to access USF library journal subscriptions.
Selected ebooks from our collection
- Ecology and Religion byPublication Date: 2014
- Whole Earth Thinking and Planetary Coexistence byPublication Date: 2015
- Religion and Ecology byPublication Date: 2014
- Religion and Sustainability byPublication Date: 2014
- Green Deen byPublication Date: 2010