Journal, Magazine, and Newspaper Articles
These databases cover many topics, with articles from magazines and journals.
- Fusion allows you to search, in one place, the majority of the library’s books, articles, videos, etc. It includes all the materials in our library catalog Ignacio, as well as the content of the majority of our many databases.
- Academic Search Complete, designed specifically for academic institutions, is among the most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.
- A premier resource for peer-reviewed, full-text journals and reference sources, Gale Academic OneFile is a sophisticated, current and easy-to-use resource for extensive research. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full text, researchers are able to find accurate information quickly.
These databases have full text newspaper articles.
- Through nearly 7000 news sources, find diverse global, local, regional, and national perspectives on topics related to controversial issues, the environment, health, education, science, the arts, literature, business, economics, criminal justice, and more.
- Replaces LexisNexis Academic.
More than 15,000 news, business, and legal sources from LexisNexis—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790.
- Provides cover-to-cover full text for more than 40 U.S. & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 389 regional U.S. newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided.
These databases have overviews of current issues and different points of view on social and political issues.
- "Pro" and "con" arguments on controversial issues. Includes full-text materials drawn from print series such as Opposing Viewpoints, Current Controversies, At Issue, Contemporary Issues Companion, and Gale Information Plus series. It also provides full-text periodicals, newspapers, journals, pamphlets, primary source documents, statistics, images, web sites, and student research tools.
- CQ Researcher provides award winning in-depth coverage of the most important issues of the day. Our reports are written by experienced journalists, footnoted and professionally fact-checked.
This database covers the newspapers, magazines, and journals from ethnic communities.
- Ethnic NewsWatch covers 1990 to present and includes newspapers, magazines, and journals of the ethnic and minority press, providing researchers access to essential, often overlooked perspectives. The publications offer both national and regional coverage
- Easy to use statistics search engine with access to more than a million statistics and facts.
- The database includes complete tables and abstracts for publications that include statistical information.
- The Statistical Abstract of the United States is a one-volume, comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- Statistical tables covering population, work and welfare, economic structure and performance, economic sectors, and governance and international relations. Data from as early as 1600, and as late as 2002, with the majority falling between 1790 and 1990.
Citing your sources
- RefWorks allows users to create personal databases to manage, store, and share the information citations/references. Users can automatically insert references from their database into their papers and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds. Create an account using your USF email address.
- Purdue OWL for APAThe Purdue Online Writing Lab has a guide for writers using APA style.
- Purdue OWL for MLAThe Purdue Online Writing Lab has a guide for writers using MLA style.