- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
You may see a screen prompting you to register or personalize your account. You are not required to do so and can click the 'Continue' button to access the site. Similarly, if you encounter a “Welcome to Scopus” screen asking you to create an account or sign in, click 'X' in the upper right to close the window.
- Registration Required — see: "More" below. Citations and abstracts for journal articles from more than 10,000 journals covering the biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, materials science, agricultural science, and more; patents; substance and chemical sysnthesis information; includes CAS Registry database.
- Articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Click "more" below to customize Google Scholar to access USF library journal subscriptions.
- PubMed provides access to more than 23 million bibliographic citations primarily drawn from MEDLINE, as well as publisher-supplied citations, in-process and "ahead-of-print" citations.
- Environment Complete offers deep coverage in applicable areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more.
Basic Information and Overviews
- eLS features over 5,000 specially commissioned, peer-reviewed and citable articles in the life sciences. eLS articles are written by leaders in the field to provide comprehensive and authoritative coverage of each subject area.
- A great place to begin your research, Gale eBooks offers thousands of authoritative articles published in academic encyclopedias, and written by subject experts. Gale eBooks provides information you can not only trust, but cite in a paper as well. Formerly called GVRL: Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Bergey's Manual of Determinative BacteriologyCall Number: QR81 .B47 1994Short general descriptions that encompass all organisms by Groups; shape and size, Gram reaction, other pertinent morphological features, motility and flagella, relations to oxygen, basic type of metabolism, carbon and energy sources, habitat and ecology.
- Bergey's is the most complete and authoritative description of bacterial and archaeal diversity. it provides descriptions of the taxonomy, systematics, ecology, physiology and other biological properties of all described prokaryotic taxa.
Bibliographies and Reviews
- An annotated bibliography of the best scholarship in the discipline.
- Each year, Annual Reviews critically reviews the most significant primary research literature to guide researchers to the principal contributions of their field and help them keep up to date in their area of research. Each article is its own search engine, providing a gateway to the essential primary research literature referenced within each topic.
- The library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
- Search across more than 60 libraries in California and Nevada, and request available books to be delivered to Gleeson Library in 2-4 business days.
- WorldCat.org lets you search the collections of libraries in your community and thousands more around the world.
- More than 165,000 academic ebooks in a wide variety of subjects with unlimited user access.
- ProQuest Ebook Central offers more than 140,000 ebooks (with unlimited user access) in a wide range of subject areas, along with powerful tools to help you find, use, and manage the information you need.
- RefWorks allows users to create personal databases to manage, store, and share the information citations/references. Users can automatically insert references from their database into their papers and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds. Create an account using your USF email address.