Government Agencies and Programs
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Outreach Program
- California Office of Farm to Fork - an office within the California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California State Organic Program
Policy and Advocacy Organizations
- California Food Policy Council - Consortium of nonprofits who work on food policy in California.
- California Institute on Food and Agriculture Research - An example of corporate capture and academic research
- Food Research and Action Center - COVID hunger and new food policy
- Nourish California - Food equity and distribution
- Farmworker Justice - Justice and advocacy for farmworkers in California
- Organic Systems Researchers - A map of agroecology researchers in California
- Community Agroecology Network - An international organization actively working in regions of California, Mexico and Central America to confront social, economic, and environmental injustice through research, education, and action.
Indigenous Knowledge and Advocacy
- Native Foodways - a program of The Cultural Conservancy, a Native-led organization founded in 1985.
- Indigenous Food and Agriculture Initiative - University of Arkansas
- Seeds of Native Health - a campaign for indigenous nutrition
- Nourishing Native Foods and Health Program - a program of the First Nations Development Institute