Books on Writing and Publishing
- Anatomy of Writing for Publication for Nurses byISBN: 9781945157219Publication Date: 2017-05-01Available in print and as an eBook. Organized into two parts. Part 1 provides a general overview of the writing and publishing process. Part 2 addresses best practices for writing for specific audiences and platforms, including clinical articles, scholarly and research journals, conference proceedings and poster presentations, to name a few
- Writing Your Journal Article in 12 Weeks byCall Number: Z471 .B45 2009ISBN: 9781412957014Publication Date: 2009-01-21Available in print. Provides a week-by-week plan for writing a journal article. Particularly helpful for new academics interested in revising and publishing an already existing work, such as a conference paper, dissertation chapter, or master’s thesis.
- A Beginner's Guide to Critical Thinking and Writing in Health and Social Care byISBN: 0335243665Publication Date: 2011-10-01Available as an ebook. This book offers an alternative, realistic and practical approach to help those in health and social care critically appraise what they read and what they see in the workplace.
- Writing for Publication in Nursing byISBN: 9780826119919Publication Date: 2015-02-01Available in print. Of use to both students and novice writers interested in improving their writing skills, as well as experienced authors who want to publish in a different format (book, book chapter, review article, etc). Organized into 5 sections covering everything from preparing to write to finalizing the paper and submitting for publication.
- Effective Writing for Health Professionals byISBN: 9781741152708Publication Date: 2004-01-01Available in print. Written by an experienced and widely published nurse researcher, this text provides instructions and exercises on how to be an effective and efficient writer, as well as anecdotes and opinions on the writing process.
- How to Write a Paper byISBN: 1118488733Publication Date: 2012-10-19Available in print. Excellent, concise guide on publishing in the biomedical field. Offers a chapter on each piece of the IMRAD structure (introduction, methods, results, and discussion), as well as sections on the roles of editor and publisher, gift authorship and author order, and ethical issues in publishing.
- Writing for Publication byISBN: 9781412906975Publication Date: 2007-01-30Available as an eBook. A very general overview on the writing and publication process in academia. Most appropriate for students and novice writers. Includes information on writing for academic journals, as well as writing book and book chapters.
- How Not to Write a Medical Paper byCall Number: R119ISBN: 9789388257084Publication Date: 2016
- Creating Effective Conference Abstracts and Posters in Biomedicine byISBN: 9781846193118Publication Date: 2009-01-25
Articles on Writing: American Journal of Nursing's "Writing Step by Step" Series
Roush, K. (2017). Becoming a Published Writer. American Journal Of Nursing, 117(3), 63-66.
Access this article at: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=sso&db=edselc&AN=edselc.2-52.0-85013887590&site=eds-live&scope=site&custid=s3818721
Writing Your Manuscript: Structure and Style.
Roush, K. (2017). Writing Your Manuscript: Structure and Style. American Journal Of Nursing, 117(4), 56-61.
Access this article at: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=sso&db=edselc&AN=edselc.2-52.0-85016261907&site=eds-live&scope=site&custid=s3818721
Navigating the Publishing Process: From submitting your manuscript to seeing it in print, and everything in between.
Roush, K. (2017). Navigating the Publishing Process: From submitting your manuscript to seeing it in print, and everything in between...fourth and final article in a series. American Journal Of Nursing, 117(6), 62-67.
Access this article at: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=sso&db=edb&AN=123295324&site=eds-live&scope=site&custid=s3818721