Creating a RefWorks Account
Use your USF email address
The simplest way to begin is to create an account using your USF email address.
Use a non-USF email address
If you do not want to use your USF email address:
- on campus: create an account with any email address.
- off campus: use the link above and this invitation code: 5951-1639
Please note, even though you will be prompted for a "university email address," you may enter any email address.
(You can still use the Old RefWorks) Group Code: RWUSanFrancisco
RefWorks Alumni Accounts
As an alumnus of the University of San Francisco, you have free access to RefWorks for as long as the library maintains its subscription.
As an alumnus, you are entitled to:
- One free RefWorks account
- 200 MB of file attachment storage
- The ability to share your folder or account via RefShare
- Free web-based training and technical support
If you already have a RefWorks account
As a graduate of the University of San Francisco, you'll continue to have access to RefWorks for as long as the library subscribes to it.
After you graduate, you will need to update your profile:
- Log in to Refworks.
- Click Update Profile in the upper right, and choose Alumni under the Type of User drop-down menu.
- You may continue to use RefWorks as you did as a student.
If you do not have a RefWorks account
Alumni who have never had a RefWorks account before may register for a RefWorks alumni account, which you'll have access to for as long as the library subscribes to RefWorks.
- Use the "Create Account" link on this page.
- Complete the required information and click Next.
- On the following panel, select Alumni under Type of User drop-down menu.
- Click the Create Account button. You will be brought into your new, empty RefWorks account.