Modern Language Association (MLA)
Overview of MLA
The Modern Language Association (MLA) style is typically used by scholars within the humanities. The current edition of MLA style is the 9th Edition, published in April 2021. There may be some delay from resources such as Online Writing Labs, style guides, and citation managers as these resources are adjusted to accommodate the most current style guide.
- Modern Language Association — The MLA Style Center, 9th Edition
- Excelsior College Online Writing Lab (Excelsior OWL) — MLA Formatting: The Basics (9th Edition in-progress)
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab (Purdue OWL) — MLA General Format (9th Edition in-progress)
- The MLA Style Center — General Questions About In-Text Citations (9th Edition)
- Excelsior OWL — MLA In-Text Citations (8th Edition)
- 9th Edition updates in progress, overview available
- Purdue OWL — MLA In-Text Citations: The Basics (8th Edition)
- 9th Edition updates in progress
- The MLA Style Center — Works Cited: A Quick Guide (9th Edition)
- Excelsior OWL — Formatting Sources at the End of Your Paper (8th Edition)
- Purdue OWL — MLA Works Cited Page: Basic Format (8th Edition)
MLA at Gleeson Library
- MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, 2016 (Print)Call Number: LB2369 .G53 2016Available at the Reference Desk.
9th Edition (2021) currently on-order.