Borrowing, Renewing, and Returning Materials
We will ship Gleeson Library materials and interlibrary loan (ILL) materials to eligible USF community members at their home address. Shipping is free and includes pre-paid shipping labels for returning materials back to the library. Eligibility information and instructions on how to request home delivery is on our document delivery page.
Browse and check-out at the library
Gleeson Library is open for USF community members to browse our collections and check-out materials at the Circulation Desk. Information about how to access the library is on our building access page.
Requested item pickup at the library
- Gleeson Library materials — Print books, DVDs, and other physical materials can either be picked up at the Circulation Desk or processed for home delivery. Both options are available when requesting materials through the Ignacio Library Catalog.
- Interlibrary loan materials — All physical ILL materials will be held at the Circulation Desk for pickup at the library. These materials will no longer be automatically processed for home delivery. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to continue having ILL items shipped to your home address.
Gleeson Library is not currently allowing items to be recalled.
- Gleeson Library materials — The due date for all print books, DVDs, etc. owned by Gleeson Library has been extended to September 24, 2021. This does not include laptop computers or interlibrary loan materials.
- Interlibrary loan materials
- For USF patrons — Most libraries are extending due dates for loaned material. Contact email@example.com with any questions or requests for a renewal.
- For institutions that have borrowed Gleeson Library materials — We have extended due dates to May 27, 2021.
- LINK+ materials — LINK+ services resumed August 16, 2021. Due dates for LINK+ items checked out prior to August 16 are now due September 24, 2021. LINK+ items checked out on or after August 16 will have the standard LINK+ loan period of 21 days with the option to renew for an additional 21 days.
If you have library materials checked-out, you are welcome to wait until you return to campus. We are routinely extending all Gleeson Library due dates. ILL due dates will differ. You can view all due dates by logging in to your library record and you can contact us at any time if you want to request an extension.
If you would like to ship materials back to us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you a prepaid UPS shipping label in PDF format. You can either arrange for UPS to pick up the package, or drop it off at a UPS location. Please do not ship laptops or return laptops — to return laptops, contact us for instructions.
Items can also be returned to the library bookdrop. If you visit campus, be aware of and follow all USF COVID-19 guidelines. Items returned in person or via UPS will not be removed from your account until after we quarantine those materials. Please do not place laptop computers in the book drop.
Contact email@example.com for any general questions about borrowing, renewing, and returning library materials.