Select COVID-19 related literature and data
- Rapid Reviews: COVID-19An open access, rapid-review journal will accelerate peer review of Covid-19-related research and deliver real-time, verified scientific information that policymakers and health leaders can use. MIT Press and UC Berkeley
- LitCovidA comprehensive curated literature collection regarding the 2019 novel Coronavirus from the National Library of Medicine.
- COVID-19 and Health DisparitiesA collection of articles, podcasts, webinars, and additional resources on health disparities and COVID-19. From Harvard Medical School.
- CINAHL Ultimate is the definitive resource for nursing and allied health research, providing full text for the most used journals in the CINAHL index. It covers more than 50 nursing specialties and includes quick lessons, evidence-based care sheets, CEU modules and research instruments.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 57 views this year
- PubMed provides access to more than 23 million bibliographic citations primarily drawn from MEDLINE, as well as publisher-supplied citations, in-process and "ahead-of-print" citations.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 67 views this year
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
You may see a screen prompting you to register or personalize your account. You are not required to do so and can click the 'Continue' button to access the site. Similarly, if you encounter a “Welcome to Scopus” screen asking you to create an account or sign in, click 'X' in the upper right to close the window.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 9 views this year
- APA PsycInfo is the American Psychological Association's renowned resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations. It is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health, and contains over 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s, with one of the highest DOI matching rates in the publishing industry. Ninety-nine percent of its content is peer-reviewed. Formerly called PsycINFO.
- Cochrane Reviews are systematic reviews of primary research in human health care and health policy, and are internationally recognized as the highest standard in evidence-based health care resources.
Cochrane Library Resources
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated May 5, 2022 17 views this year
- The complete evidence-based practice content set from the Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI). This comprehensive database covers a wide range of medical, nursing, and health science specialties and includes a unique suite of information that’s been analyzed, appraised, and prepared by expert reviewers at JBI so you can integrate the world’s best evidence into your research.
- DynaMed is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care. With clinically-organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics, DynaMed provides the latest content and resources with validity, relevance and convenience, making DynaMed an indispensable resource for answering most clinical questions during practice.
DynaMed Mobile Installation
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 37 views this year
- A great place to begin your research, Gale eBooks offers thousands of authoritative articles published in academic encyclopedias, and written by subject experts. Gale eBooks provides information you can not only trust, but cite in a paper as well. Formerly called GVRL: Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- The library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
Browse our list of print and electronic books on nursing theories and models.
Browse our list of print and electronic books on nursing care plans
"Incredibly Easy" Study Guides
Browse our list of study guides from the "Incredibly Easy" series. Titles include: Medical-surgical nursing made incredibly easy, Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy, Nursing Procedures Made Incredibly Easy, and much more.
- Help with eBooksLearn how to access, checkout, and download an Ebsco or ProQuest eBook.
- Thousands of U.S. data indicators for demographic and socioeconomic analysis. PolicyMap data can be presented as maps, tables, charts and pre-built reports that can be incorporated into papers, presentations, blogs and websites. In addition, students can upload unlimited amounts of their own address-based data, and can share these maps with others.
- Data.census.gov is the new platform to access data and digital content from the U.S. Census Bureau. It replaces the American FactFinder website, which was retired in 2020.
- This database contains information on California and U.S. public policy issues. The database is divided into three primary sections: 1) California Statistics, also called Databases; 2) Online Library; and 3) What's New. You may also search the entire database and some archived reports.
Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
National Library of Medicine Drug Information Portal
Advanced and consumer information on 68,655 drugs and biologicals from the National Library of Medicine. Search by drug name, class, or category.
National Library of Medicine resource providing high quality information on marketed drugs, primarily label/package insert information.
Contains the information you need to administer medications safely across the lifespan -- well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade-name drugs.
Clinical Practice Guidelines & Web Resources
- ECRI Guidelines TrustFree, but requires registration.
- Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario Best Practice GuidelinesBrowsable and searchable database of nursing clinical guidelines created by the RNAO.
Subject Specific Guidelines
Laws and Legislation
California Nursing Practice Act with Regulations and Related Statutes 2016
The Nursing Practice Act (NPA) is the body of California law that mandates the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) to set out the scope of practice and responsibilities for RNs.
Legislative Insight offers a compilation of full text primary source publications that are produced as a bill moves through the legislative process on its way to becoming a law. Legislative Insight offers a research citation page that not only links to the full text of the associated primary source publications, but allows the user to do a Search Within the page to find the full text of all the associated publications.
Use THOMAS to tracking legislation in Congress, perform legislative histories, locate recent Congressional documents full-text, determine Congressional committee membership and activities, and related information about Congress and the legislative process.
California Legislative Information
Status, history, votes, analyses, etc., of California legislation. Includes California Code.
Nursing Assessment in Video provides access to a series of training videos from Medcom Trainex, Each title provides hands-on demonstrations and step-by-step instructions in key assessment areas.
View completed MSN Capstone Projects and learn about the submission process.
View past projects
- Scholarship Repository HomepageThe USF Scholarship Repository is an institutional repository service provided by the Gleeson Library | Geschke Center in collaboration with Dorraine Zief Law Library to digitally collect, preserve and provide electronic access to scholarly works and research output by the University of San Francisco community.
- MSN Capstone ProjectsView completed USF School of Nursing and Health Professions MSN projects.
Submit your work
- SONHP Theses, Projects, and Dissertation Submission GuideSubmission instructions for the USF institutional repository.
- RefWorks allows users to create personal databases to manage, store, and share the information citations/references. Users can automatically insert references from their database into their papers and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds. Create an account using your USF email address.
APA 7th Edition: Formatting In-Text Citations
APA 7th Edition: Formatting References
- Purdue Online Writing LabPurdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) APA 7th edition resources. Use the links on the left side of the page to find information on different aspects of APA style.
- Excelsior Online Writing Lab: APA StyleYou will often use sources for academic writing, and it’s important to know how to responsibly cite and integrate those sources into your own writing. APA format provides guidelines and structures for citing those sources in a way that helps you avoid plagiarism and give proper credit to your sources.
- USF Learning, Writing, & Speaking Center: APA BasicsA 6.5 minute video on APA formatting & citing.