Requesting new video titles
Please use the form below for library video acquisition requests, and bear in mind:
- The library has thousands of streaming titles; check our collections for films before placing a request.
- Educational streaming licenses cost an average of $150 per title per year, so please request only those new streaming video acquisitions that you're sure you will use.
- Annual licenses must be requested by faculty each year the videos are intended for use.
- Making the best use of financial resources means that we must carefully weigh every request.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for library staff to process your request before you need a film.
- For in-class viewing, it is possible to screen DVDs in the classrooms. DVDs can be placed on course reserves for your students to check out for short periods. The library also has DVD players they can borrow.
- Many films are not available at all in streaming format. Generally, permission from copyright holders must be secured before these can be streamed.
- If you plan in advance, clips from DVDs that we own or order can sometimes be made available for streaming to your students. See Lumière, the Berkeley Language Center Library of Film Clips, for access to this service.