Government and NGO Publications
- Market and Octavia Area Plan adopted in 2007.
- Market Octavia Living Alleys Program a two-year community-based program to design and implement a network of Living Alleys in the Market Octavia Plan Area.
- Japantown - Historic Context Statement drafted in 2009.
- Japantown Cultural Heritage and Economic Sustainability Strategy adopted in 2013.
- New City: San Francisco Redeveloped pamphlet published in 1947.
- Western Addition District : An Exploration of the Possibilities of Replanning and Rebuilding one of San Francisco's Largest Blighted Districts under the California Community Redevelopment Act of 1945, published in 1947.
- San Francisco Redevelopment Agency Documents available at San Francisco Public Library. (Note: SFPL scanned many of these publications and they are available online. Look for the link to "Digital Media" in each catalog record.)
- Completed Project Area Reports from the Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure: Western Addition A-1 and Western Addition A-2.
- From Urban Renewal and Displacement to Economic Inclusion: San Francisco Affordable Housing Policy 1978-2012, by Marcia Rosen and Wendy Sullivan, Poverty & Race Research Action Council, November 2012.