This guide will introduce you to Gleeson Library resources that are essential for students and faculty in the PsyD program. It includes links to relevant databases, streaming video, as well as library related instructional tutorials.
- APA PsycInfo is the American Psychological Association's renowned resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations. It is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health, and contains over 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s, with one of the highest DOI matching rates in the publishing industry. Ninety-nine percent of its content is peer-reviewed. Formerly called PsycINFO.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Sep 6, 2022 88 views this year
- PubMed provides access to more than 23 million bibliographic citations primarily drawn from MEDLINE, as well as publisher-supplied citations, in-process and "ahead-of-print" citations.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 63 views this year
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
You may see a screen prompting you to register or personalize your account. You are not required to do so and can click the 'Continue' button to access the site. Similarly, if you encounter a “Welcome to Scopus” screen asking you to create an account or sign in, click 'X' in the upper right to close the window.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 9 views this year
- CINAHL Ultimate is the definitive resource for nursing and allied health research, providing full text for the most used journals in the CINAHL index. It covers more than 50 nursing specialties and includes quick lessons, evidence-based care sheets, CEU modules and research instruments.
by Claire Sharifi Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 46 views this year
- APA PsycNet provides access to articles from American Psychological Association journals, the full text of APA books, and full text of psychological tests and measures. APA PsycNet searches these databases: APA PsycArticles, APA PsycBooks, and APA PsycTests. Formerly called PsycNET.
- SocINDEX with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive and highest quality sociology research database. The database features more than 2.1 million records with subject headings from a 20,000+ term sociological thesaurus designed by subject experts and expert lexicographers.
- Full text of five American Psychiatric Publishing journals plus Psychiatric News; full text of DSM-5 and related reference publications
- Fusion allows you to search, in one place, the majority of the library’s books, articles, videos, etc. It includes all the materials in our library catalog Ignacio, as well as the content of the majority of our many databases.
- The most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, offering millions of works from thousands of universities. Full-text coverage spans from 1743 to the present, with citation coverage dating back to 1637.
Tests and Measures
- Mental Measurements Yearbook produced by the Buros Institute at the University of Nebraska, provides users with a comprehensive guide to over 2,000 contemporary testing instruments. Tests in Print (TIP) serves as a comprehensive bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language.
- APA PsycTests provides access to psychological tests, measures, scales, surveys, and other assessments as well as descriptive information about the test and its development and administration. Formerly called PsycTESTS.
- Finding Information about Psychological TestsAPA Science Directorate FAQ.
APA neither sells nor endorses testing instruments, but does provide guidance in using available resources to find psychological tests.
- TestLinkThe Educational Testing Service (ETS) Test Collection.
Dissertations and Theses
- SONHP Theses, Projects, and Dissertation Submission GuideSubmission guide for the USF institutional repository.
- Find USF PsyD dissertations here. The USF Scholarship Repository is an institutional repository service provided by the Gleeson Library | Geschke Center in collaboration with Dorraine Zief Law Library to digitally collect, preserve and provide electronic access to scholarly works and research output by the University of San Francisco community.
- Find dissertations and theses from other institutions here. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global is the world's most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1743 to the present day and offering full text for graduate works added since 1997, along with selected full text for works written prior to 1997. You can also search USF Theses Only
Videos and Streaming Media
- This series contains more than 2,500 hours of footage from actual therapy sessions, training videos, and reenactments conducted by renowned counseling professionals.
- Psychotherapy.net features the richest and most diverse collections of high quality training videos in the field of counseling, psychotherapy, and addiction. The majority of the videos show therapists actually conducting therapy and demonstrating clinical skills, along with pre and post session discussions.
- Films On Demand delivers more than 90,000 educational online videos ideal for students and faculty.
Reference and Encyclopedias
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - DSM-5 byISBN: 9780890425558Publication Date: 2013-05-22
- Apa Dictionary of Clinical Psychology byCall Number: RC467 .A63 2013ISBN: 9781433812071Publication Date: 2012-08-13
- DynaMed is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care. With clinically-organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics, DynaMed provides the latest content and resources with validity, relevance and convenience, making DynaMed an indispensable resource for answering most clinical questions during practice.
Browse or search the online Reference and Encyclopedia Collection
- The library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
by Randy Souther Last Updated Jan 17, 2023 22 views this year
- RefWorks allows users to create personal databases to manage, store, and share the information citations/references. Users can automatically insert references from their database into their papers and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds. Create an account using your USF email address.
APA 7th Edition: Formatting In-Text Citations
APA 7th Edition: Formatting References
- Purdue Online Writing LabPurdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) APA 7th edition resources. Use the links on the left side of the page to find information on different aspects of APA style.
- Excelsior Online Writing Lab: APA StyleYou will often use sources for academic writing, and it’s important to know how to responsibly cite and integrate those sources into your own writing. APA format provides guidelines and structures for citing those sources in a way that helps you avoid plagiarism and give proper credit to your sources.
- USF Learning, Writing, & Speaking Center: APA BasicsA 6.5 minute video on APA formatting & citing.