- Full text of more than 100 historical California newspapers from as early as 1845.
- Full text of more than 100 historical American newspapers from 1690 to 1922.
- During its first five decades, the San Francisco Chronicle presented issues from a young, Northwestern perspective, giving researchers a window through which to study westward expansion, Chinese immigration, machine politics, urban planning, war, public policy, and more. 1865-1922.
- The Los Angeles Times delivers unique coverage of the development of Southern California and the American West from 1881-2010, including news articles, photos, advertisements, classified ads, obituaries, cartoons, and more.
- ProQuest Congressional is especially useful for performing legislative histories and locating Congressional documents. It is also very useful for tracking legislation and major public policy issues, locating recent Congressional documents and related material in full text, and learning more about Congress and the legislative process.
- HathiTrust Digital Librarya partnership of major research institutions and libraries working to ensure that the cultural record is preserved and accessible long into the future. The mission of HathiTrust is to contribute to research, scholarship, and the common good by collaboratively collecting, organizing, preserving, communicating, and sharing the record of human knowledge.
- CalisphereFrom the web site: "Calisphere provides free access to unique and historically important artifacts for research, teaching, and curious exploration. Discover over 925,000 photographs, documents, letters, artwork, diaries, oral histories, films, advertisements, musical recordings, and more." Use keywords to search for materials, or browse Collections.
Journal Articles and Books
- America: History and Life is the definitive index of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present. With indexing for 1,700 journals from as far back as 1910, this database is without question the most important bibliographic reference tool for students and scholars of U.S. and Canadian history.
- Humanities Source is designed to meet the needs of students, researchers and educators interested in all aspects of the humanities. The collection includes full text for more than 1,400 journals, with citations to over 3.5 million articles, including book reviews, and indexing back to 1907.
- Fusion allows you to search, in one place, the majority of the library’s books, articles, videos, etc. It includes all the materials in our library catalog Ignacio, as well as the content of the majority of our many databases.
- Articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Click "more" below to customize Google Scholar to access USF library journal subscriptions.
- The library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
- California Historical Society CatalogContains basic descriptive records for manuscript and photography collections; books and pamphlets; periodicals, posters, broadsides, maps, and newspapers; and other materials held by the California Historical Society. The library is open to the public, free of charge, between 1 and 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.