International Statistics and Data
- Easy to use statistics search engine with access to more than a million statistics and facts.
- A repository of standardized and structured statistical data. This tool allows users to scan and search contents of billions of datasets, compare and contrast variables of interest, and create customized views in tables, maps, rankings, and charts.
- The database includes complete tables and abstracts for publications that include statistical information.
- Foreign and International Government Statistical AgenciesProvides access to statistical websites from foreign and international government organizations. This list is maintained by a librarian at Purdue University.
- Country Statistical YearbooksThis guide, presented by the Data & Information Services Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries, provides links to country statistical yearbooks or similar collections (census, "facts and figures," etc.) for 154 countries worldwide.
City and Regional Statistics
- The "Cities" module provides data and analysis on hundreds of the world's major cities. Access note: Select "Cities" from the "Economies" menu at the top of the Passport homepage.
- Eurostat Regions and Cities IllustratedEurostat is the statistical office of the European Union. This website provides easy access to sub-national data for Europe.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- OECD iLibrary StatisticsOECD publishes datasets, indicators, and statistical book series on a wide range of topics.
- OECD.StatOECD.Stat includes data and metadata for OECD countries and selected non-member economies.
- OECD DataFind, compare and share data, charts, maps, tables and related publications on OECD countries and selected non-member economies.
- UNdataUNdata pools major UN databases and those of several international agencies into one single internet environment. The innovative design allows a user to access a large number of UN databases either by browsing the data series or through a keyword search.
- Human Development Data and IndicatorsThis website provides access to data and indicators associated with the UN's Human Development Report.
- Free and open access to global development data.
- This is the primary World Bank collection of development indicators, compiled from officially-recognized international sources. It presents the most current and accurate global development data available, and includes national, regional and global estimates.
- World Bank Microdata LibraryThe Microdata Library is a collection of datasets from the World Bank and other international, regional and national organizations. Users need to create an account to access the data and may need to create additional accounts when using data hosted by other agencies.
Other Sources of International Statistics and Data
- NationMasterNationMaster is a vast compilation of data from hundreds of sources.
- UCDP - Uppsala Conflict Data ProgramUppsala Conflict Data Program (UCDP) is the world’s main provider of data on organized violence and the oldest ongoing data collection project for civil war.
- DHS Program (Demographic and Health Surveys)Ready-to-use data for over 90 countries from over 300 surveys covering the topics of demographics, health, and nutrition. The DHS Program is a USAID-funded project implemented by ICF International.
- Google Dataset SearchDataset Search is a search engine for datasets. Using a simple keyword search, users can discover datasets hosted in thousands of repositories across the Web.
See also the following Gleeson Library guides: