General Purpose - Updated annually or every other year
- Updated annually.
- Updated annually, with more frequent briefings and articles.
- Published every 2 years. Political Handbook of the World provides thorough and accurate information on the major aspects of each country's government and political party system.
- The Statesman's YearbookUpdated annually. This classic reference work presents a political, economic and social account of every country of the world together with facts and analysis.
- BTI Transformation IndexBertelsmann Stiftung's Transformation Index is published every 2 years. It analyzes transformation processes toward democracy and a market economy in international comparison and identifies successful strategies for peaceful change.
- BMI Country Risk ReportUpdated quarterly.
- The World Factbook (CIA)The World Factbook, produced for US policymakers and coordinated throughout the US Intelligence Community, presents basic information about countries. Updated regularly.
- Updated annually. Reports provide a convenient compilation of statistics from other sources. To directly access Statista Country Reports go to the "Reports" drop down menu at the top of Statista's homepage.
General Purpose - Updated Infrequently
- Most recent edition is 2018.
- Most recent report is from 2019. "Country Profiles" provide economic, government, and basic demographic information and statistics.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the NationsCall Number: Ebook available onlinePublication Date: 2017-03-10Most recent edition is 2017.
Country Reports: Economy and Investment
- IMF Staff Country ReportsThese reports for IMF member countries are updated usually annually. Look for the reports with the title "Article IV Consultation".
- Country Commercial GuidesPublished by the U.S. International Trade Administration.
- Investment Climate StatementsPublished by the U.S. Department of State.
- Coface Country Risks Assessment160 country assessments, drawn up on the basis of macroeconomic, financial and political data, are made freely available.
Regularly updated, they provide an estimate of the average credit risk on a country’s businesses.
- Index of Economic FreedomAn annual guide published by the Heritage Foundation. The Index covers 12 freedoms – from property rights to financial freedom – in 184 countries.
- Economic Freedom of the WorldPublished by the Fraser Institute. The index measures the degree of economic freedom present in five major areas:  Size of Government;  Legal System and Security of Property Rights;  Sound Money;  Freedom to Trade Internationally;  Regulation. Comprehensive data are available only with a two-year lag, so the index itself has a two-year lag.
- globalEDGEStatistical data for nearly every country around the world. Basic historical, economic, and political conditions are also provided.
Country Reports: Politics and Governance
- Bertelsmann Stiftung's Sustainable Governance IndciatorsThe SGI is a platform built on a cross-national survey of governance that identifies reform needs in 41 EU and OECD countries.
- Freedom House Country ReportsFreedom House rates people’s access to political rights and civil liberties in 210 countries and territories through its annual Freedom in the World report.
- Country Reports on Human Rights PracticesPublished by the U.S. Department of State.
- U.S. Bilateral Relations Fact SheetsPublished by the U.S. Department of State.
- Country Reports on TerrorismPublished by the U.S. Department of State
- Migration Integration Policy IndexThe MIPEX includes 52 countries.
Country Reports: Environment
- Environmental Performance IndexThe Environmental Performance Index (EPI) ranks countries' performance on high-priority environmental issues in two areas: protection of human health and protection of ecosystems.