Setting Up Your Tech
Where do I get a camera?
Fully-equipped Zoom Kits are available for faculty and staff to borrow at Access Services. The front desk staff member will likely request your ID card to record the borrower. Zoom Kits are available to borrow for four (4) hours at a time but can be extended if requested.
- Turn on projector via the lectern's dashboard (see below). Please ensure the following are completed before you connect your laptop:
- "Laptop HDMI" (top-middle left), Projector "On" and "Projector Mute" are selected.
* Selecting 'Projector Mute' is important as it allows you to set up your presentation without your process being broadcast to the overhead display.
- Position camera for preferred angle to broadcast. Both flexible gooseneck camera mounts and tripods are available for loan at Access Services.
- Connect Camera's USB into USB-C adapter (located in Zoom Kit).
- Connect Lectern HDMI to laptop via USB-C adapter (located in Zoom Kit).
- Insert both adapters into MacBook port (left side).
- Camera is good to go!
Zoom Session Setup
- Open Zoom App
- Select SSO Option to sign in with your myUSF credentials
- Select Open zoom.us.app in the pop-up box
- Select New Meeting or Schedule on Zoom Homepage
- Once your Zoom meeting has started, select Join with Computer Audio
- Select the Mute button at bottom left.
Camera Setup in Zoom
- At bottom left screen, select the arrow adjacent to Start Video and select Camera option (e.g. HD Pro Webcam C920).
- For Logitech Cameras, two blue lines will illuminate around the lens to indicate active status.
- Select Start Video to test out the camera's function.
- *Recommended* Keep camera turned off until you are ready to broadcast.