Journal Articles and More
- HAPIThe Hispanic American Periodicals Index (HAPI) provides complete bibliographic citations to the contents of scholarly journals published around the world on Latin America and the Caribbean since 1970. Our coverage includes everything from political, economic, and social issues to the arts and humanities.
- HLAS Online: Handbook of Latin American StudiesThe Handbook is a bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars. Edited by the Hispanic Division of the Library of Congress, the multidisciplinary Handbook alternates annually between the social sciences and the humanities.
- World Scholar: Latin America and the CaribbeanBrings together in a single place a rich collection of primary source documents about Latin America and the Caribbean; academic journals and news-feeds covering the region; reference articles and commentary; maps and statistics; audio and video; and much more.
- Oxford Bibliographies: Latin American StudiesAn annotated bibliography of the best scholarship in the discipline.
- Arte Público Hispanic Historical CollectionA digital collection of historical content pertaining to Hispanic history, literature, political commentary, and culture in the United States from colonial times to 1960.
- Historical AbstractsHistorical Abstracts covers the history of the world (excluding the United States and Canada) from 1450 to the present, including world history, military history, women's history, history of education, and more.
- Humanities SourceHumanities Source is designed to meet the needs of students, researchers and educators interested in all aspects of the humanities. The collection includes full text for more than 1,400 journals, with citations to over 3.5 million articles, including book reviews, and indexing back to 1907.
- JSTORFull text of older issues of journals. Access includes Arts & Sciences I-XV, Business I Collection, Health & General Sciences Collection, and the Life Sciences Collection. To support online learning, JSTOR has made additional journal and primary source archival collections, 26 public health journals and over 6,000 articles related to COVID-19, openly accessible through June 30, 2023.
- FusionFusion allows you to search, in one place, the majority of the library’s books, articles, videos, etc. It includes all the materials in our library catalog Ignacio, as well as the content of the majority of our many databases.
- Google ScholarArticles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Click "more" below to customize Google Scholar to access USF library journal subscriptions.
- Chicano DatabaseChicano Database includes over 67,000 records from more than 2,400 journals and other resources including newspapers, books and book chapters. The database provides coverage dating back to the 1960s and selective indexing dating back to the early 1900s. Subject coverage includes art, bilingual education, education, labor, literature, mental health, law, poetry, politics and sociology.
Books and Newspapers
- Ignacio: Library CatalogThe library catalog lets you search across the holdings of Gleeson Library and Zief Law Library, including books, videos, and other materials. Alumni and visitor access.
- Access World NewsThrough nearly 7000 news sources, find diverse global, local, regional, and national perspectives on topics related to controversial issues, the environment, health, education, science, the arts, literature, business, economics, criminal justice, and more.
- Latin American NewspapersSeries 1 & 2: Key historical newspapers published in Latin America and the Caribbean between 1805 and 1922. Coverage features significant titles from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Cuba, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Venezuela, and elsewhere.
- Encyclopedia of Latin American History and CultureISBN: 9780684312705Publication Date: 2008-05-09Includes 5,700+ entries reviewed for currency of content, and full-color as well as black-and-white photographs. National statistics tabulated for each of Latin America's countries. Master essays synthesize current knowledge on major regional themes Includes full index and table of biographical subjects by profession.
- Encyclopedia of U. S. - Latin American Relations byISBN: 9780872897625Publication Date: 2012-01-31Encyclopedia of U.S.-Latin American Relations is a comprehensive, three-volume, A-to-Z reference featuring more than 800 entries detailing the political, economic and military interconnections between the United States and the countries of Latin America, including Mexico and the nations in Central America, the Caribbean and South America. Entries cover: - each country and its relationship with the United States - key politicians, diplomats and revolutionaries in each country - wars, conflicts and other events - policies and treaties -organizations central to the political and diplomatic history of the western hemisphere
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in Contemporary Politics, Law, and Social Movements byISBN: 9780199744619Publication Date: 2015-10-07The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in Contemporary Politics, Law, and Social Movements (OEPoL) provides a comprehensive source of information on the diverse historical and contemporary experiences of Latinos and Latinas in the United States.
Government Information - International
Government Information - International
by Carol Spector Last Updated Mar 21, 2023 9 views this year
by Carol Spector Last Updated Jul 20, 2022 3 views this year
by Carol Spector Last Updated May 22, 2023 54 views this year
Maps and Images
- ArtstorThe Artstor Digital Library features an unparalleled range of images from some of the world’s leading museums, photo archives, scholars, and artists in one easily-navigated repository. Registration is required to download and use advanced site features.
- Digital Collections of the Ibero-American InstituteThese are the digital collections of The Ibero-American Institute, an interdisciplinary research institution focused on the academic and cultural exchange between Germany and The Iberian Peninsula, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Old Maps OnlineAccess to historical maps hosted online by a variety of repositories around the world
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map CollectionCollection of maps provided by the University of Texas Libraries