Journal and Magazine Article Databases
- Bibliographic records covering essential areas related to the study of cities and regions including bibliographic records covering essential areas related to the study of cities and regions, this database explores such topics as urban affairs, community development, urban history and other areas of key relevance to the discipline.
- Political Science Complete (PSC) provides full text for more than 520 journals, and indexing and abstracts for over 2,900 titles, (including top-ranked scholarly journals), many of which are unique to the product.
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals, published by the Getty Research Institute, is the only comprehensive American guide to the current literature of architecture and design.
- SocINDEX with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive and highest quality sociology research database. The database features more than 2.1 million records with subject headings from a 20,000+ term sociological thesaurus designed by subject experts and expert lexicographers.
- The Transportation Research Board (TRB) conducts research on transportation issues and publishes information about their research in reports and peer-reviewed technical papers.
- Humanities Source is designed to meet the needs of students, researchers and educators interested in all aspects of the humanities. The collection includes full text for more than 1,400 journals, with citations to over 3.5 million articles, including book reviews, and indexing back to 1907.
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
You may see a screen prompting you to register or personalize your account. You are not required to do so and can click the 'Continue' button to access the site. Similarly, if you encounter a “Welcome to Scopus” screen asking you to create an account or sign in, click 'X' in the upper right to close the window.
- Each year, Annual Reviews critically reviews the most significant primary research literature to guide researchers to the principal contributions of their field and help them keep up to date in their area of research. Each article is its own search engine, providing a gateway to the essential primary research literature referenced within each topic.
- Urban Planning Magazines and JournalsThis is a partial list of publications that are available at Gleeson Library (either in print or online).
- National Journal provides nonpartisan news on current political and policy issues from Washington, DC. This collection of resources includes the National Journal Daily, Daybook, Hotline, and the Almanac of American Politics.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)DOAJ is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
Regional and Indigenous Scholarship Databases
The following databases and journals promote research from communities of scholars around the world. The goal of these databases is to ensure that the research produced in these regions and countries can be readily found and shared. Some of these databases were developed in conjunction with The Journals Online Project.
- "SciELO" stands for Scientific Electronic Library Online. This open access database provides access to fulltext articles from over 1,200 Latin American journals on a wide range of subjects (not just science!). Most of the articles are in Spanish or Portuguese, although there is also some English language content.
- African Journals OnLine (AJOL)African Journals OnLine (AJOL) is the world's largest and preeminent platform of African-published scholarly journals. AJOL is a Non-Profit Organisation that (since 1998) works to increase global & continental online access, awareness, quality & use of African-published, peer-reviewed research.
- Vietnam Journals OnLine (VJOL)Vietnam Journals OnLine (VJOL) is a service to provide access to Vietnamese published research, and increase worldwide knowledge of indigenous scholarship.
- Bangladesh Journals Online (BanglaJOL)BanglaJOL is a database of journals published in Bangladesh, covering the full range of academic disciplines. The objective of BanglaJOL is to give greater visibility to the participating journals, and to the research they convey.
- Central American Journals OnLine (CAMJOL)Central American Journals OnLine (CAMJOL) is a service to provide access to Central American published research, and increase worldwide knowledge of indigenous scholarship.
- Mongolia Journals Online (MongoliaJOL)Mongolia Journals OnLine (MongoliaJOL) is a service to provide access to Mongolian published research, and increase worldwide knowledge of indigenous scholarship.
- Nepal Journals Online (NepJOL)Nepal Journals OnLine (NepJOL) is a service to provide access to Nepalese published research, and increase worldwide knowledge of indigenous scholarship.
- Sri Lanka Journals Online (SLJOL)SLJOL is a database of journals published in Sri Lanka, covering the full range of academic disciplines. The objective of SLJOL is to give greater visibility to the participating journals, and to the research they convey.
- RedalycThe Redalyc project is a bibliographic database and a digital library of Open Access journals. Redalyc was conceived in the South and for the South, but is open now to all journals from around the globe that work for an inclusive, equitable and sustainable scholarly research communication ecosystem.
- The Central and Eastern European Online Library (CEEOL)CEEOL rovides access to scholarly Journals, eBooks and Grey Literature documents in Humanities and Social Science s from and about Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. Gleeson Library does not have a subscription, but individuals can create an account to download open access content. To create your individual CEEOL user account, complete and submit the registration.
- AlterNative: An International Journal of Indigenous PeoplesAlterNative is an internationally peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal that aims to present scholarly research on Indigenous worldviews and experiences of decolonization from Indigenous perspectives from around the world. AlterNative is a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary journal that publishes scholarship across the Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, Health, Business, and Law.
- Journal of Indigenous ResearchThis Journal was created in response to community requests for information about research that has been conducted among their people. The focus of this publication is to obtain articles about research conducted with Native American, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian, Maori populations- written for laypeople. These articles will be published in the Journal of Indigenous Research and will also be sent to local Native newspapers and websites.